Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It Has Been A While

July7th
It has been awhile… but my inspiration to Blog was triggered by a card received from a patient. It made my day and I am sure it will make others'. It was that simple reminder why we are all here. In the midst of all the distractions and interruptions that divert our focus, a reminder that the patient should be at the center of all we do was and is a good thing.

In her card, M.D. writes:

“I have been to the hospital and to several doctors' offices many times…recently I became very ill and visited the ACH emergency (department)…I was treated with compassion and kindness and felt so comfortable with my care…I never met a doctor who made me feel he had all the time I needed to answer all of my questions and really cared about me, as (did) Dr. Bosch…I will always be grateful…the nurses couldn’t have been more attentive and their kindness will always be appreciated…a special thank you to Rhonda and Debbie…I am so proud to let others know what a great emergency room and hospital we have in our community."

Great work. Glad to be part of the ACH family.
Stan

No comments: