Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Follow up to April 17th blog….

Well I lucked out because the hospital in Toledo was willing to take a cash payment for the allotted amount stated by our insurance company of $109; remember their list price was $249. If only I could have convinced my daughter to have her x-ray done here before she went back to school; our list price for the same exam is $91 before any adjustment.

If John McCain is going to be successful with his healthcare strategy of less regulation I sure wish he would figure out how to level the playing field for consumers; so that hospitals, doctors and insurance companies had to disclose in advance what services will actually cost out of the consumer’s pocket. I realize for many services it might be a range but for many services it can be an exact price.

Talk with you soon
Stan

No comments: