Friday, August 17, 2007

Measure Success by the number of lives we touch….

Two of our Therapist Colleagues received a note today which read:

“If we measure success by the number of lives we touch and the ways that we reach out to others and truly make a difference, then it’s hard for me to imagine a richer life than yours”.

This is why most of us in health care chose this profession. For most of us patients truly come first.

Kudos go out to Walter and Dan, the two Therapists that received this note. I know each day at ACH-Planetree our Colleagues do touch lives. This note certainly made my day as I hope it did theirs. For me it came at a time when I learned of some incredibly difficult caring and compassion that had taken place by other members of the staff, only to have that experience diminished because parts of a health delivery system where people debate over money and time while patients wait… however that will be a story for another day.

- Stan

No comments: