Friday, August 24, 2007

The Good, the better, the best…Well actually they are all good!

When I got my messages today, my first message was from a patient and it went something like this, “You know I have been there before (to the hospital) and haven’t been very pleased, but I had to use your ER recently and that Dr. G. and that nurse (He couldn't remember her name) were just great… I got first class service and the nurse that attended to me was just super nice, thank you."

The second message I got was from a visitor to our Community Care Center who had never been to our nursing home/short stay rehab before, and was just delighted to see some of the things that make our facility so warm and welcoming. I, of course, am prejudice and think the best part about CCC, the part that really differentiates us, is our team of dedicated Colleagues…However, a new facility with private and semi private rooms, an enclosed garden area with a waterfall and picnic area, our easy street therapy area , the fact that we are attached to the hospital (that has a great restaurant which features some of the best food at low prices), physicians offices attached to the hospital (No more ambulette rides!), an emergency room right down the hallway and 8 wonderful medical directors. This is such a great place to work and practice, I know this sounds like an advertisement so hey I guess it is. I am very proud of all we do and what happens here everyday.

Last call of the day was from a physician on staff. Yesterday he had a special need for one of his patients that needed attention within the next 48 hours, some special type of drug therapy. Actually, this call was to let me know that this request was taken care of today and not only did he get what he asked for but, it was personally taken care of by Paul who leads our Pharmacy team. It was an unusual request and our physician just had to let us know that he and his patient really appreciated the attention to service. These details make ACH/Planetree a special place on an everyday basis. For us service is routine, but these unexpected calls of thanks were a very nice way to end the week.

No comments: